PARTICIPATING INSURANCE NETWORKS
Bothell Pediatric & Hand Therapy is currently in-network with the following insurances:
- Aetna MedAdvantage
- Department of Labor & Industries
- First Choice Health Network
- Kaiser PPO
- Medicare Part B
- PIP (Personal Injury Protection, not 3rd party) – Hand Clinic only
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence Plans: Federal, HMA, Boeing, Uniform Medical Plan, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Administrators
- Regence MedAdvantage
- Workers Compensation
We may be covered by additional insurance companies not listed here. Please contact your insurance carrier directly to confirm if we are in-network on your plan. The above list is subject to change without notice.
It is your responsibility to understand your insurance coverage.
Before treatment in either of our clinics, as a courtesy we will contact your insurance company to verify eligibility and determine if prior authorization is needed for treatment. We cannot guarantee that our services will be covered 100% by your insurance. Therefore, we recommend you contact your insurance company directly for details of your specific plan’s limitations, exclusions, and benefits.
To start the therapy process for you or your child, please visit our Intake page >
Financial Policies & FAQ
Below are our Billing Policies and answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
Payment & Insurance Charges
It is your responsibility to understand your insurance coverage. As a courtesy, BPHT will contact your insurance provider to see what therapy benefits apply to your plan.
The final decision on benefits is determined when a claim is submitted; and either paid or denied based on determination from your insurance provider. Patients are responsible for confirming that BPHT is a contracted provider with your specific insurance plan and for verifying the benefits allowed for the services received at BPHT.
Your contract is between you and your insurance provider. BPHT is not involved and does not accept responsibility for negotiating settlement of any disputed claims. In addition, BPHT will not await account payment or resolution from a third party company or an insurance provider with whom BPHT is not contracted.
You understand that your insurance provider may require a referral and/or insurance authorization in advance of treatment. Patients are responsible for tracking the expiration date and number of authorized visits for their treatment.
Even when BPHT services are prescribed by your physician and listed as being a covered medical expense on your insurance plan, you understand that payment is not guaranteed. Upon receipt of claims for services rendered, your insurance provider will review for medical necessity and based on that review, the services may not be considered to be medically necessary, or may be considered as non-covered expenses, and may not be paid by your insurance provider.
If you have a patient balance, you will be asked to pay in full each time you check-in for an appointment. If you have not already received a statement, we will print one for you upon request.
We accept cash, checks, debit, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and HSA cards, or you may pay your bill online through our website www.bpandht.com/pay-my-bill.
Hand Therapy L&I Claims
BPHT’s Hand Clinic has successfully treated workplace injuries for many patients, enabling them to restore optimal function so they could return to work.
If you were injured at work, it is your choice whether or not to file an L&I (worker’s compensation) claim. Your employer’s Human Resources department can guide you through this process.
We require a doctor’s referral in order to begin your hand therapy rehabilitation program.
To start hand therapy, please fill out the intake forms on our Forms page >
Cancellation, No-Show, and Late Policy
The professional staff at Bothell Pediatric & Hand Therapy is committed to our patients’ healing and developmental success in their activities of daily living, work, and play.
In respect for our patients and our continued business operations, our policies are as follows:
Treatment is dose-dependent as a prescription, so committing to the frequency recommended by your therapist is essential to helping you or your child successfully achieve their treatment goals. We expect you to attend your scheduled appointments in order to achieve optimal therapeutic results.
We understand it’s inevitable to miss an appointment here and there, and when that happens, we recommend you reschedule your appointment within the same week. If your attendance falls below 80% of your scheduled appointments in a rolling 90 day period, we may move you to a flexible scheduling arrangement or find a recurring time that is better suited to your availability.
• We require a 24 hour notice for all cancelled appointments. Please notify our office 24 hours or more in advance if you must reschedule your appointment.
• Patients will be charged a $50.00 fee for cancelling an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice. If cancellations, reschedules or no-shows occur for more than 20% of the scheduled visits in a 3 month period, the patient may lose their recurring spot and will only be scheduled as a weekly fill in. Patients can leave a message at any hour at 425-481-1933 if they are unable to make their scheduled appointment time, and advanced notice is appreciated.
• Patients that arrive more than 10 minutes after their scheduled appointment time will be charged a $30.00 late arrival fee.
• Patients that are picked up more than 10 minutes after the end of their scheduled session will be charged a $30.00 late lickup fee.
• If you do not arrive for your scheduled appointment and did not notify our office, there will be a flat fee of $100.00 for each missed session.
• Please note, most Groups are a cash pay service and reimbursement for missed appointments will not be refunded.
• If 2 or more appointments are missed due to no-shows, it may result in the loss of your recurring time slot. We require 24 hours notice for missed appointments. Patients can leave a message at any hour at 425-481-1933 if they are unable to make their scheduled appointment time. Thank you for your consideration.
Hand Therapy Auto Accident & PIP Claims
Our office will bill Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage through your auto insurance as long as you provide complete claim information. If your PIP benefits become exhausted, we will transfer the charges to your private health insurer.
As a general rule, we do not bill third parties, i.e. automobile, homeowners, business liability insurances or attorneys.
Any outstanding balances are due at the time of your next appointment. Patients experiencing financial hardship may contact our Billing Department at (425) 481-1933 to discuss a payment plan.
Deductibles, Co-Pays & Non-Covered Services
Please be advised that most insurance plans do not cover 100% of your care, and there will likely be a portion of your bill for which you are financially responsible. Most commonly, insurance plans require a co-payment which we will collect at check-in for each visit. It is the responsibility of the patient to know if they have a co-pay.
Because there are many combinations of insurance plans and varying levels of patient responsibility, we strongly encourage our patients to contact their insurance company directly to determine their specific level of benefits and coverage.
If you have a patient balance, you will be asked to pay in full each time you check-in for an appointment. If you have not already received a statement, we will print one for you upon request. We accept cash, checks, debit, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and HSA cards, or you may pay your bill online through our mobile-friendly website www.bpandht.com/pay-my-bill.
- Insurance co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles are due at the time of service. A $15.00 late co-payment fee will be applied to my account if not paid at the time of service.
- For self-pay patients, payment is due at the time of service.
- All charges are due in full within 30 days from Date of Service unless a separate payment arrangement has been approved and signed by both BPHT and the patient. Any unpaid patient balances over 60 days will be charged 3% interest (36% annually).
- If claims are submitted to insurance and payment is not received within 45 days, you agree to follow up with the insurance company regarding payment and to personally make regular payments to BPHT on your account.
- In the event that your insurance provider denies payment, you are fully and directly responsible for the payment of all charges. Your portion of the bill is due upon receipt of the statement.
- Patient balances unpaid over 90 days will be sent a final statement requiring a response from the patient within 15 days. If the patient does not contact the BPHT Billing Department at (425) 481-1933 within those 15 days, their balance will be sent to collections.
- Balances over $300 will be resolved promptly or an arrangement will be made with Billing Department for a payment plan prior to continued service.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed for all NSF checks.
Monthly payment plans for patients with financial hardship can be arranged by calling our Billing Department at (425) 481-1933.
“I had a severe wrist injury and received excellent treatment and rehabilitation here. My wrist healed really quickly and solidly. Then I had a shoulder injury and did some therapy on that as well. It turned out to be worse than any therapy could heal, but we tried and tried – and I am so grateful for that. I will go back if I ever have a need. Kimberly and her staff are great!”
– Jeannine Frazier Boone